We are almost there and I'm happy of the progress I’ve made so far especially since you know it’s hard to stay on task when there’s so many other things pulling at you.😜 So how is everyone holding up? Did you fall off or are you still focusing on your skin? Don't worry if you haven't been able to keep up. You can do this anytime. Whether one day or a week. It's totally up to you!
So I decided to use the Lemongrass Clarifying Soap again. I thought about using the Peppermint Tea with Honey Clarifying Body Wash but decided not to. I just knew it would be too cleansing for my skin. So I used the Lemongrass Clarifying Soap and then I followed up with dreamy soap. I did this to make sure that I am still detoxing my skin then followed up with a regular bar soap to ensure that my skin at least was conditioned. My skin still feels good and I have not noticed any new acne developing. In all honesty, I don’t know why I’m still fighting acne at this age. 🤷🏽♀️
As far as my face, I noticed that it started peeling yesterday. I was out at the store and felt my skin just a little tight but figured it was due to the cold air. But once I got home and looked in the mirror I noticed between my eyebrows and my nose as well as my chin was feeling. It wasn’t bad at all but I wasn’t expecting that and I know it was due to the black soap that I have been using this week and the possibly the Ambi cream. I’m not mad at all because any dead skin that my face can shed on its own without an exfoliants is better for me. It’s actually better for your face. So I’m going to continue on using this black soap. I think I’m going to just add it to my skin care regimen going forward.
OK, let’s go ahead and talk about one more bar soap that would be great and detoxing your skin. I feel that this bar is the gentlest of all the bars and body wash I spoke about this week, so let’s get to it!
Day 6: The Everything Bar. This bar was created with detoxing in mind. I wanted to create an all natural vegan bar of soap That was good at cleansing the skin without stripping too much of our natural oils. It was to include all natural fragrances that are great at purifying the skin. And finally, a bar that was great you to shave with. Hence the bar was given its name by one of LBBs VIP, Michelle because it does so much. So let’s talk about it. But before we do, I must warn you, this is a lengthy blog. You will see how it got its name.😉
The Everything Bar’s active ingredient is salt brine. Let's look at the benefits of using salt brine on your skin:
1. Cleanses and Brightens the Skin
Salt water helps to brighten the skin. Salt water has properties that kill and cleanse all bacteria/germs and dirt from your skin. Which is beneficial in aiding in minimizing and getting rid of acne.
Salts help to draw impurities from the skin, making for a wonderfully detoxing skin routine that doesn’t require a salt bath to accomplish.
3. Balances Natural Oils
Salt bars must be formulated differently in order to not crumble because of the salt. This insures that they have a higher superfat content. Skin is not stripped, but gently exfoliated and nourished at the same time.
4. Salt Soap Bars are NOT drying to the skin.
Many people who have not used salt bars think that they will dry the skin because of the salt content, but I and many others have not found this to be true.
Essential Oil Blend
The Everything Bar is made with 4 essential oils. Let's discover what they are and how they are beneficial to your skin.
- Reduces Saggy Skin – Rosemary oil is an astringent. When applied on the skin, it pulls the skin cells together as though trying to shrink or compress them.
- Protect the skin from free radicals – Rosemary essential oil has strong antioxidant capacity. It thus defends the skin cells from damage by free radicals in our environment.
- Treat fungal skin infections – Rosemary essential oil can be applied directly to fungal infections, like athlete’s foot and ringworm.
- For dermatitis and eczema – In these conditions, skin is irritated and itchy. Rosemary can help to relieve itching. It may also work for psoriasis.
- Lavender oil works to kill bacteria, and this can prevent and heal acne breakouts. It unclogs pores and reduces inflammation when you applied to your skin.
- Soothes eczema and dry skin. Lavender essential oil has antifungal properties and reduces inflammation, it can help keep eczema at bay. It can also be used to treat psoriasis. Lavender helps cleanse your skin and lessen redness and irritation.
- Anti-inflammatory - The oil’s pain-relieving and numbing effects help soothe inflammation, while the beta-caryophyllene in the oil also acts as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Wound-healing properties - If you have a burn, cut, scrape, or another wound, lavender essential oil may help speed up the wound-healing process.
Brightens skin - It serves as a natural skin brightener which removes flaky dry skin on the top and reveals the plump, fresh skin underneath.
Treats acne - It is very useful for those who chronically suffer from acne. By controlling the excess oil secretion of the pores, it leaves your skin feeling soft yet not greasy.
Antiseptic - spearmint oil works well as an antiseptic for wounds and ulcers, as well as protecting it from becoming septic or infectious, while accelerating wound healing.
Natural Disinfectant - Spearmint essential oil has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties thus making it a good disinfectant.
- Prevents fungal infections - Litsea cubeba oil acts as a fungicide and helps treat fungal infections like athlete’s foot and ringworm.
- Treats acne - Litsea cubeba oil is an excellent tonic for your skin. It helps balance sebum levels on the skin surface and controls its production. By controlling sebum production, litsea cubeba oil helps fight acne-causing bacteria and remove acne.
- Reduces inflammation - Litsea cubeba oil contains anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe cuts, scrapes and minor burns.
One more ingredient within in The Everything Bar that is noteworthy is Dead Sea Clay.
Dead Sea Clay
What makes Dead Sea clay so beneficial is the high concentration of minerals that are easily absorbed by the skin. These include calcium, magnesium, bromide, potassium, and sulfate. Over thousands of years, layer upon layer of sedimentary clay has formed as the bottom of the sea, trapping a high concentration of minerals proven to be helpful in maintaining healthy, young-looking skin.
- Calcium refreshes skin, while maintaining a strong barrier to hold onto moisture
- Sodium helps rejuvenate the look of youthful, healthy skin
- Magnesium protects
- Sulfur helps to detoxify skin of impurities
- Potassium helps to balance
- Bromide restores a vital look to the complexion
Overall, Dead Sea clay, when used regularly, provides the following benefits:
- Absorbs excess oils, dirt, and impurities from the skin, purifying and cleansing
- Gently exfoliates
- Tightens and tones skin, reducing the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces the occurrence oily skin and clogged pores, deeply cleansing skin
- Hydrates and moisturizes skin, helping dry skin
- Calms skin
Now, I know this a lot of information to take in but I could not tell you about the goodness of this one bar of soap and not tell you in detail why its so good. This soap is great for your face and body. My skin can get really oily and this soap does not affect it in a negative way. I was quite surprise to say the least. But this is really one of my favorite bars in the shop. One of my VIPs has extremely oily skin and loves this bar on her face. Now that says a lot. I am going to see if I can get her to submit a picture and I'll add it to this blog. Pictures speak a thousand words you know.
I was going to use the Lemongrass Clarifying Soap today but after writing this blog, I want to give The Everything Bar a try today. It's been a while since I used it so why not. I will continue with the Decadent Body Fluff as there is relatively no humidity in the air here in North Carolina so I need to ensure my skin stay very well hydrated and moisturized. I will continue to apply the Whipped Shea Butter or Apricot & Shea Body Oil on top of the fluff if I venture out. This is how I keep the moisture in.
I will continue with the Black soap and the Ambi Cream. I'm definitely going to keep it in my regimen. I feel this will be a keeper in my double cleansing method as well.
Ok, I got to run for the day. For those of you that will be venturing out this evening for new year festivities, please be safe and I will chat with you all tomorrow.
Don't forget, if you have tried this soap or have any questions pertaining to The Everything Bar, please leave a comment below.